Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Making Plans

While the Smiley Club children are practicing their lines, the volunteers are making plans and organizing themselves. Arranging a theater performance takes lots of preparations.

Instead of our weekly meeting at the Red Cross office I invited the volunteers home to my apartment. The meeting was very fruitful; responsibility was divided among the volunteers, we wrote down a detailed list of tasks that needs to be done before the play, and started to prioritize the tasks. Later that week I sat down with, Annahit, the “director” of the play to make a big plan to put in the office so all the volunteers will remember their responsibilities and get a full picture of what needs to be done.
I am going to the regions for a period now, and I must admit that it is sad to leave all the nice Smiley Club children and volunteers in the middle of the preparations for our play. Luckily, I know they will mange well without me, and I know that I will come back and continue to make plans with them.

No comments: